If you’re using a website for your California business, you may be thinking of hiring an SEO. The acronym SEO stands for “search engine optimization” or “search engine optimizer.” Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of website or a web page in a search engine’s organic, natural or un-paid search results. The higher ranked your site is and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will have from the search engine’s users.
Google, Yahoo and Bing, the major search engines, all have primary search results.These are different than paid search ads and do not involve payment of any sort. Search results include web pages and other content such as videos or local listings which are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users. IF your website doesn’t show up on the first page of Google, Bing or Yahoo’s search results, your potential customers may not even know you exist.
Hiring an SEO has the potential to improve your site and save time. Hiring the wrong SEO can also risk damage to your site and reputation. Because of this it’s important to do your homework. Make sure to research the potential advantages as well as the damage that an irresponsible SEO can do to your site.
An SEO can provide useful services for website owners in California , including:
1. A thorough review of your site content and structure
3. Keyword research
4. Content development
5. Management of online business marketing campaigns
6. Expertise in specific markets and locations
7. SEO education and training
The earlier in the processyou hire an SEO the better. One of the best times to hire is when you’re considering a site redesign or planning to launch a new site. This allows for you and your SEO to ensure that your site is designed to be search engine-friendly from the bottom up. However, if you already have your website in place, a good SEO can also help improve upon an existing site.
Here are 5 things to inquire about when considering prospective SEO consultants:
1. A list of current and past clients
2. An overview of how they intend to improve your search engine rankings
3. Experience improving local search results
4. Their process for communicating changes made to your site
5. Their process for measuring the success of SEO campaigns
• What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what timeframe?
• How do you measure your success?